If you need a new roof installed you probably wonder what type of underlayment is the best to go with, either tar or synthetic underlayment.
The purpose of roof underlayment
- Provide your roof extra layer of protection against the elements.
- Protect your roof decking from damage in case of disaster.
- Minimize the appearance of decking imperfection.
Roof Underlayment is a must-have component and it’s required also by the roof manufacturing companies.
For a long time felt underlayment dominated the market until the invention of synthetic underlayment.
The benefits of synthetic underlayment are:
- Waterproofing - Synthetic underlayment is a waterproof material, therefore provide better moisture protection.
- Flexibility - synthetic underlayment is flexible and will not buckle or crack.
- Lightweight - synthetic underlayment is significantly lighter material compared to tar paper and will not be heavy on your roof framing.
- Heat resistant- synthetic underlayment has higher heat resistance then tar paper its especially important in our river valley-northwest Arkansas area.
We are here to help you with any of your roofing needs. Whether you need roof repair or roof replacement.
Call us today to schedule your next FREE roof inspection.